Naturalization is the acquisition of citizenship and nationality. In the United States, those who are legal permanent residents can apply for naturalization to become a U.S. citizen if they have resided in the United States for the required period of time in legal permanent resident status. Some children will automatically become U.S citizens by the naturalization of their parents before a specific age.
- Path to U.S. Citizenship
- A Guide to Naturalization (USCIS) – 58 Pages
- Study Materials for the New Naturalization Test (USCIS)
- Naturalization Self Test (USCIS)
- Conditional Permanent Residents and Naturalization under Section 319(b) of the Act (USCIS) – (8-04-09)
- Guidance on Continuous Residence, Physical Presence, and Overseas Naturalization (USCIS) – (8-15-08)
- Procedures for Handling Naturalization Applications of Aliens Who Voted Unlawfully or Falsely Represented Themselves as U.S. Citizens by Voting or Registering to Vote (USCIS) – (5-07-02)