If you wish to pursue full or part-time academic studies in the United States, you may be eligible for a nonimmigrant student visa called the F-3. The F-3 visa is intended for Canadian or Mexican students who are “border commuters” – individuals who live close enough to the border to commute to a U.S. academic institution.

If the F-3 is an option for you, the primary advantage of this visa category over the standard academic student visa (F-1) is that you can continue to reside in your home country. In addition, you are not required to be enrolled as a full-time student, and can study part-time if you choose.

The F-3 visa comes with several limitations. You are not allowed to reside in the United States at any point while on an F-3 visa. In addition, border commuter students cannot obtain derivative visas for their family members to accompany them. Further, your choice of schools is limited geographically, depending on their distance from the border.

Related Links:

Contact Us

We're not around right now. But you can send us an email and we'll get back to you, asap.

Not readable? Change text. captcha txt