We are fully operational and providing full services to clients during the COVID-19 pandemic. Please refer to our blog for devolving updates as we continue to provide services through this time. OUR BLOG


The North American Free Trade Agreement (NAFTA) created special economic and
trade relationships for the United States, Canada and Mexico. The TN
nonimmigrant classification permits qualified and Canadian citizens to
seek temporary entry into the United States to engage in business activities at
a professional level.

Among the types of professionals who are eligible to seek admission as TN
nonimmigrants are accountants, engineers, lawyers, pharmacists, scientists, and teachers.

You may be eligible for TN nonimmigrant status, if:

You are a citizen of Canada

Your profession qualifies under the regulations

The position in the United States requires a NAFTA professional

You have a prearranged full-time or part-time job with a U.S. employer (butnot self-employment – see documentation required below)

You have the qualifications of the profession

Eligibility Criteria for Canadian Citizens

If you are a Canadian citizen, then you are not required to apply for a visa
with a U.S. consulate or file a petition with U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS).

You can request admission as a TN nonimmigrant at a U.S. port of entry, and you must provide the following documentation:

Proof of Canadian citizenship

Letter from your prospective employer detailing items such as the professional capacity in which you will work in the United States, the purpose of your employment, your length of stay, your educational qualifications

Credentials evaluation (if applicable)

If you are eligible following inspection by a U.S. Customs and Border
Protection (CBP) Officer, then you will be admitted as a TN nonimmigrant. Form I-94, Arrival/ Departure Record, will be evidence of your admission.

Period of Stay: up to 3 years (previously it was only 1 year)

Family of TN Visa Holders

Any accompanying or following to join spouse and children under the age of 21 may be eligible for TD nonimmigrant status. They must demonstrate a bona fide spousal or parent-child relationship to you.  Dependents do not have to be citizens of Canada,
but they must contact the American embassy or consulate that serves their area
for information on how to apply for a visa. Spouses and children cannot work
while in the United States, but they are permitted to study.

Canadian Citizen’s Dependents

Any spouse and children of a Canadian citizen do not need visas, but they must provide the following documentation at the port of entry

Proof of Canadian citizenship

Proof of relationship to the TN nonimmigrant, such as a marriage
certificateor birth certificate

Photocopies of the TN nonimmigrant’s entry documents

Dependents Following to Join

If any spouse and children are following to join the TN nonimmigrant, then they must show a valid Form I-94 as proof that the TN nonimmigrant is maintaining his or her TN nonimmigrant status.


Contact Us

We're not around right now. But you can send us an email and we'll get back to you, asap.

Not readable? Change text. captcha txt
Call Now ButtonCall +1-844-844-VISA