Navigating the Legal Side of the Entertainment Business, the Right Way: Immigration & Contract Deals!
With Lorraine D’Alessio, Esq, Liz Profumo, Esq. & Erica Stambler, Esq.
Winning Practical legal tips anyone in entertainment should know:
- US Work Visas for foreign artists What’s needed to obtain work authorization, how to avoid costly delays in production, current trends in immigration and what not to do at the boarder.
- Prepping talent for pilot and staffing season. “When is the best time to do it and why?”
- The meeting of the minds. Practical advice on choosing the right contracting party.
- Working with legal counsel. How to get the most out of your entertainment counsel.
Lorraine D’Alessio, Esq. A Toronto native, Lorraine D’Alessio earned her bachelor’s with honors from the University of Toronto before attaining her U.S. law degree at Southwestern Law School in Los Angeles. Recently named the 2016 Century City Bar Association Lawyer of the Year, Lorraine spearheads DLG’s business and employment-related immigration efforts. She is widely regarded as an industry expert, and has been quoted in The Hollywood Reporter and other leading outlets. Having navigated the process firsthand, Mrs. D’Alessio is especially dedicated to educating her fellow Canadians on immigration, regularly presenting at locations like the Vancouver Film School and Second City Toronto. Prior to her work in U.S. immigration law, Mrs. D’Alessio worked for several years as a Ford fashion model.
Liz Profumo, Esq. has been practicing immigration law exclusively since 2007. A New York University alum, Ms. Profumo received her J.D. degree from Loyola Law School in Los Angeles. Liz has assisted hundreds of individuals and families to realize their dreams of living and working in the United States. Her immigration practice focuses primarily on applicants with extraordinary ability, like artists and performers, as well as family-based immigration, U.S. citizenship matters, and business-related visas. Together with Lorraine, she is part of the Maple Business Council, aiding Canadian organizations and talent to better understand the U.S. immigration process.
Erica Stambler, Esq. is committed to providing accessible legal services to new and growing small businesses. She is a former business and entertainment litigator with wide-ranging experience advocating on behalf of shareholders, officers and directors, entities, talent, and professionals. Her practice extends to copyright and trademark law, and entertainment and business matters. Erica’s deep knowledge of litigation makes her distinctively qualified to advise business owners and professionals on entity formation, intellectual property protection, and avoiding other potential liabilities.
- General Admission: $20 Online (+ Processing Fees).
- CLA Members: $10 Online (+ Processing Fees). Requires Member Access Code.
- CLA Senior Members $5 Online (+ Processing Fees). Requires Member Access Code.
- CLA Student Members $5 Online (+ Processing Fees). Requires Member Access Code.
- [$10 Extra At-the-Door]
Get your tickets at ShowClix